his ears omg he looks so happy
what do you do at hogwarts if you start your period?
like do you go and see madam promfrey? or your head of year? because i’m just trying to imagine the slytherin girls going snape and asking for tampons
I do not have the power within me to not reblog this.
Steve Rogers did, in fact, realize that something was off when he saw the outline of the woman’s odd bra (a push-up bra, he would later learn), but being an officer and a gentleman, he said that it was the game that gave the future away.
No, see, this scene is just amazing. The costume department deserves so many kudos for this, it’s unreal, especially given the fact that they pulled off Peggy pretty much flawlessly.
1) Her hair is completely wrong for the 40’s. No professional/working woman would have her hair loose like that. Since they’re trying to pass this off as a military hospital, Steve would know that she would at least have her hair carefully pulled back, if maybe not in the elaborate coiffures that would have been popular.
2) Her tie? Too wide, too long. That’s a man’s tie, not a woman’s. They did, however, get the knot correct as far as I can see - that looks like a Windsor.
3) That. Bra. There is so much clashing between that bra and what Steve would expect (remember, he worked with a bunch of women for a long time) that it has to be intentional. She’s wearing a foam cup, which would have been unheard of back then. It’s also an exceptionally old or ill-fitting bra - why else can you see the tops of the cups? No woman would have been caught dead with misbehaving lingerie like that back then, and the soft satin cups of 40’s lingerie made it nearly impossible anyway. Her breasts are also sitting at a much lower angle than would be acceptable in the 40’s.
Look at his eyes. He knows by the time he gets to her hair that something is very, very wrong.
so what you are saying is S.H.E.I.L.D. has a super shitty costume division….
Nope, Nick Fury totally did this on purpose.
There’s no knowing what kind of condition Steve’s in, or what kind of person he really is, after decades of nostalgia blur the reality and the long years in the ice (after a plane crash and a shitload of radiation) do their work. (Pre-crash Steve is in lots of files, I’m sure. Nick Fury does not trust files.) So Fury instructs his people to build a stage, and makes sure that the right people put up some of the wrong cues.
Maybe the real Steve’s a dick, or just an above-average jock; maybe he had a knack for hanging out with real talent. Maybe he hit his head too hard on the landing and he’s not gonna be Captain anymore. On the flipside, if he really is smart, then putting him in a standard, modern hospital room and telling him the truth is going to have him clamming up and refusing to believe a goddamn thing he hears for a really long time.
The real question here is, how long it does it take for the man, the myth, the legend to notice? What does he do about it? How long does he wait to get his bearings, confirm his suspicions, and gather information before attempting busting out?
Turns out the answer’s about forty-five seconds.
Accepted as truth.
Realistic House Plant Cupcake by Alana Jones-Mann
Inspired by a gardening project, Brooklyn-based baker Alana Jones-Mann decided to make cupcakes that look like common miniature cacti. Using frosting, green food coloring and of course, baking talent, Alana successfully made a bunch of cacti cupcake cuteness and even planted them on soil (crushed graham crackers). These realistic cacti cupcake are made with such impressive details that some of them even appear sharp to the touch. If you like those edible cacti and want to make your own, head on over to Alana Jones-Mann’s blog and find the step-by-step tutorial.
Black Widow Cosplay Refs and Help.
IRON MAN 2
Black or navy blue. Has thin grey cord running up the legs and up across the breasts. There are zippers above the knee. She wears a black belt around her waist with a faded grey buckle that displays the Black Widow symbol. She wears another grey (?) belt across her hips with various pockets and holsters attached.
Around her wrists are her “bites”. Slim, bullet like (tasers? is that what they are? i forget) they form a braclet around the wrist and presumably have some sort of trigger. I’ve seen these made using fake bullet strings painted black.
She also wears fingerless gloves.
Patterns and links will be addressed in the Avengers Section.
Fairly sure it’s a Dolce & Gabbana Bustier Leopard print dress, but I might be wrong. The cups have cross hatched stitching and the edge of the top is actually leopard print lace.
Appears to have a matching belt.
Worn with gold chain earrings. Or at least earrings edged in gold.
Basically a black pencil skirt with a white blouse or a slim fitting black dress. Hold folders? Hair is less messy and curly.
She did wear other outfits but I couldn’t find clear reliable refs, I do apologise!
Red, long and curly.
Similiar to the first, but instead of grey cord, black is used. There is more of a collar. Again a black belt is worn around the waist with a more stylized belt buckle. Another belt is worn around the hips, again in black, with various pouches and holsters attached. The ones around the legs are also attached the belt.
Fingerless gloves are still worn, and so are the “bites” These ones glow blue will used. EL wire can be used if you know how to use them and want them to glow.
Parts of the suit appear to be a black fine mesh.
Some fabric reccomendations: Milliskin Matte, Moleskin Matte, Stretch Neoprene and Rayon Coolmax Lycra.
1. Black singlet top with gathering at the top. Black skirt with black, slightly damaged tights.
2. Dark jeans with red stitching and a black leather jacket. Gun holster as well.
3. Tight/slim fitting jeans with an orange top, worn beneath a brown knitted? cable jumper. (could be all one top). Tan jacket.
It appears she’s had a haircut. It’s now simply short and curly.
As for Arda wigs, either a Greta or a Jane might work in Salmon or Dark Copper Red.
Winter Soldier will be coming soon.
Hope this helps.